Welcome to your SECOND QUARTER PERIODICAL TEST GRADE 5 SOCIAL STUDIES
2. What is the bahay kubo's roof made from?
3. What is the bahay kubo's wall made from?
4. What was the biggest room of the bahay kubo used as?
5. What did they keep and clean there?
6. What animals did they keep in the basement?
7. What is the basement used for during the day and night?
8. Why is the bahay kubo also suitable to the Philippines’ tropical climate?
9. Who built their shelter in boats, and what did they depend on for their livelihood?
10. What did the kind of shelter the ancient Filipinos depend on?
11. How is the head of the barangay’s house described as?
12. What is the population of a small community?
13. What is the population of the ancient Filipinos' growing community?
14. How are the houses in the different communities arranged?
15. What is the period when history was not yet recorded, and how is it divided?
16. What were these two divisions?
17. What happened to the lives of the people because of the tools made from stone and metal?
18. What are the two divisions of the the Stone Age?
19. What happened to the Filipinos during the Old Stone Age?
20. In what places did they see these?
21. Who is the Tabon man?
22. In Guri Cave, whose fossils were unearthed?
23. In the new stone age, what did the Filipinos leave, and how did they live?
24. In the new stone age, what did they do to the tools?
25. Where did they begin to settle down?
26. What did they learn to do and use?
27. What did the people plant in the farm?
28. Because of farming and fishing, what happened to the ancient Filipinos??
29. What did they learn to make?
30. What were the jars and pots for?
31. What are the different labor specializations or jobs they had?
32. During the early metal age, where were weapons found?
33. What were the weapons made from?
34. Where did iron and bronze come from?
35. What precious materials were found?
36. What metal tools were unearthed during the late metal age?
37. In what other places did they find other metal tools?
38. What is an example of an implement used during this age, and where was it found?
39. What did the ancient Filipinos depend on for their needs?
40. What became the basis for the kind of livelihood the ancient Filipinos were engaged in?
41. What became one of the Filipinos' primary livelihood, and how was it done?
42. What are examples of crops they planted?
43. What good things happened when they had a good irrigation system?
44. What is an example of early farming and irrigation methods in the Philippines, and when was it made?
45. What does it showcase , and what does UNESCO call it?
47. What became one of their primary livelihoods because of the waters surrounding the archipelago?
48. What were used for fishing?
49. Where did the poison come from?
50. What did they dive for?
51. Under animal husbandry, what animals did they raise?
52. What else did they might have raised, and who was the historian who stated it?
53. Where did the Tagalog word for elephants come from?
54. What did they use for hunting?
55. What is another economic activity during the ancient times, and what was the primary natural resource?
56. What is mining using pans in rivers, and where was this done?
57. Under Industries, what became a livelihood and who performed this job?
58. What materials were used for weaving?
59. What else did the ancient Filipinos also engage in, and who did this?
60. What is an important livelihood during those times?
61. What were the different boats called?
62. Who named these boats when they came to the Philippines?
63. Whom did the ancient Filipinos first trade with?
64. Whom did the ancient Filipinos first trade with during the latter part of the Metal Age?
65. What was their system of trade, and what were exchanged?
66. What became the center of trade?
67. What were usually traded?
68. What did they use as money?
69. What did they use the roots for?
70. Who were the people whom the ancient Filipinos traded with?
71. What two countries had indirect trade?
72. What came from India?
73. What were brought to the Philippines from Indonesia?
74. What were the three countries who traded even before history was recorded?
75. What Chinese products did the Philippines and China trade with?
76. Who started to trade in the ninth century?
77. In the 10th century, what places became the centers of Muslim Trade?
78. What products were brought by the Arabs?
79. Even before the arrival of the Spaniards in the Philippines, what did the Philippines already have?
80. What pertains to a person’s way of life, and what does it include?
81. How were the ancient Filipinos able to showcase their culture?
82. What was the upper garment of the ancient Filipino men?
83. What does the color of the kanggan indicate?
84. What do the different colors mean?
85. What do you call the lower garment worn by the men?
86. What was worn on the head and what did it reflect?
87. What does a red putong mean?
88. What does an embroidered putong mean?
89. What did the women wear as an upper garment?
90. For their lower garment, what did they wear?
91. What was it called by the Tagalogs and the Visayans?
92. What did they wear around their waist?
93. What were the ancient Filipino men and women fond of wearing, and what were these made of?
94. What are examples of the accessories worn by ancient Filipinos?
95. How many earrings do they wear, and what did they do to their teeth?
96. What did the ancient Filipinos paint on their bodies, and what do they believe these would do for them??
97. Who names a child, and what is it usually based on?
98. What is an example of a name, and what does it mean?
99. What did the ancient Filipinos not have, and how was calling or identifying done?
100. How exactly, will the parents be called?
101. How can one differentiate the names used by women to the names used by men? Give an example.
102. How did the ancient Filipinos prepare the body of their departed?
103. What did they send with the departed?